Below are pictures and descriptions of my instruments. Click on the images or instrument names to see more details.
I will add more pictures and details as time allows.
- Luthier - Noun - A maker of stringed instruments such as violins or guitars. Oxford Dictionaries
- Luthiery - Noun - The construction and repair of stringed instruments. WordSense.eu Dictionary
Observant readers will notice that the headstock on those instruments which have a guitar-type head with tuning machines (mandolin, guitar etc.) have the end of the headstock shaped like a letter B (yes, for Brown!) with the central portions of the B being inlaid with mother of pearl. This was not possible on the traditional dulcimer head so an ebony B was attached to the strum hollow.
I am currently working on a solid electric guitar. At the moment the design is:
- Double cutaway
- Dual humbucker
- Coil switching
- Serial/Parallel switching (coils)
- Serial/Parallel switching (dual HBs)
- Phase switching (coils)
- Phase switching (dual HBs)
It is unlikely that all options will be included.